Thursday 3 March 2016

One more sleep...

Hard to believe that this time tomorrow I'll be at Heathrow waiting for my flight to Casablanca !

I've done a test pack and I think I will squeeze in under the 23Kg which is all I have London to Casa. I have doubtless overthought it, with lots of little Aussie gifts, formal work clothes, spare office supplies, any number of cables & adaptors, informal clothes, sports clothes, paperwork, boots, sandals & enough toiletries to sink a ship !!! Rod believes I have a kitchen sink in there somewhere...

I am now contemplating whether to get some family photos printed to take... Perhaps I will let that go...

We had our last team call yesterday. Jamie asked "Any questions?" - my mind was blank - I am sure there should be lots of insightful questions - but just not in my head.

I say "one more sleep" but I am wondering if i will get any sleep, so much is turning through my mind - where did my Arabic phrase book get to? What if no-one meets me at the airport? should I try and print some papers on micro-franchising to take? Should I just stop worrying and have a drink !!

Micro-franchising is the area that Jack, Dina, Krishnendu and I will be working in. Youth unemployment runs at 51% in Morocco and is a big area of focus for government and NGOs.
The majority of the Moroccan economy is informal and small business. Micro-franchising could be a wonderful method for youth to enjoy employment and create further opportunities. I hope so; and I hope our team can make a valuable contribution in planning this.


2 comments: